Realm Of The Old Gods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realm Of The Old Gods

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Server direct IP connection: 209.133.192.82:5121
Join Discord Server: https://discord.gg/jYHJe2v
Forums construction in progress!

Toons Back History

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DaveFritz

Experience Points : 10

Toons Back History Empty
PostSubject: Toons Back History   Toons Back History EmptyFri May 15, 2020 5:43 pm

This seems to be the best place ATM to make this post.

I have a question for staff regarding back history of various toons. How much of it can be taken as valid with the many many developments in the history of the various server locations? I'm asking because I'm considering which of my toons to possibly use to join one of the Campaigns starting up.

In particular and as an example of what I mean, my toon Bart Smith was at one point created an ambassador plenipotentiary from the Shadowdale Town Council under the leadership of Lord Falconhand to Myth Drannor and the Coronal. That authority has never been revoked. He has also been sent as an emissary in at least one other circumstance that sadly was never completed. I'm not sure the Council is functioning any more. ICly, Bart has always been careful to avoid committing during negotiations without referring back to one party or the other.

Can I still consider Bart in this context, and how much freedom do I have to have him act as a Council representative?

Also, maybe this will spark a "Ask the Staff" forum.
Back to top Go down
Vesz'yraen

Vesz'yraen

Experience Points : 42

Character sheet
Race: Drow

Toons Back History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toons Back History   Toons Back History EmptyFri May 15, 2020 6:47 pm

Some of my toons have had some dealings with faction/location leaders, and has acted on their behalf.
The way I deal with it depends on how much I know of a particular subject or stance.

If it's known to me what the one I'm representing wants and desires I act in accordance, otherwise I learn the situation and report in person or writing to the one/s i represent and get a clear reply before acting on it.

Often a Discord/Forum session with the DM that runs those NPCs is enough for these things.

Another thing I would add is: I believe everything valid/canon to your character IG is valid here. What you do here thought is what needs validating by the actual DMs to be valid IG.
Back to top Go down
DaveFritz

Experience Points : 10

Toons Back History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toons Back History   Toons Back History EmptySat May 16, 2020 8:30 pm

Thanks for implementing this forum, Ody.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Toons Back History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toons Back History   Toons Back History Empty

Back to top Go down

Toons Back History
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Realm Of The Old Gods :: COMMUNITY ABOUT :: STAFF :: ASK the STAFF-
Jump to: